playnow
Sign in to follow this  
Itsyaboi

Serenic spider

Posted (edited)

Serenic spider should have a massively buffed drop rate for scales. It's been known ever since the start that serenic doesn't drop scales at anywhere close to a rate worth doing. I have, right now roughly 200 kc with only 15 scales dropped. With that math.... You get potentially 1 scale per 12.5 kills if it's consistent. With that you will need about 1100 kills total for a total of 84 scales to create a full set of serenic. also adding, 1 kill with mid tier gear like craws bow and trio raid gear, takes about 2 minutes and 30 seconds. with this, a rough average of 2.5 minutes per kill * 1100 kills needed for a full set of serenic = 2750 minutes / 60 minutes per hour = 45.833 hours for a full set.

with all of this, if you got 1 scale per kill it would be roughly 4 hours of grinding. then for 1-2 scales it would be around 8 hours, and 1-3 scales, it would be around 12 hours of potential grinding. This is horrifying, only because basically no one would spend that much time grinding for a set of armor that costs 105m to repair all the time... I believe that it should be either just like rago (who takes 1-2 minutes to kill and drops 1 tect energy per kill). 1 scale drop for every kill or at very least 1 scale per 1-3 kills. it is then up to you to keep or remove the possibility of having that rare scale drop that was implemented long ago. This is a long over due fix. Please make this armor worth grinding for.  

Edited by Itsyaboi
  • Like 1

As for now, I don't think sirenic is even worth getting at all. Compared to malevolent or tectonic it doesnt actually increase your damage like a t90 power armour set should be expected to do. The accuracy may be nice, but it's almost insignificant when you have weapons like sgb/tbow. It would be nice to see sirenic have a damage set effect like void. Currently a setup with void, sgb and rigour and overkill pot can max a 817 on the dummy at home whilst a sirenic set maxes 726.

I know ranged is already very strong and overpowered compared to the other combat styles, but sirenic is, in my opinion, worse than a pernix set at this moment.

I agree on both that the spider needs to drop the scales more often (I mean, c'mon, Vorago takes 84 or 42 kills & ROTS is the same..).

It should however also actually become a useful thing damage wise because it'd be completely useless else..

I'll jump on this boat too, idk about buffing it to make it special but the drops are still a little to rare even after the last buff