playnow
Torv

A New crossbow?

To be honest i think all the crossbows are lacking to every other weapon in-game. And was thinking if there could be a crossbow better than the mutated blowpipe but not as good as the seren bow or tbow. Could either be a event drop in pieces to make it or a research version where you have to collect the following crossbows - Dragon hunter cbow, ascension cbow, royal cbow with like 5,000 runecoins and some actual coins. 

Ascension crossbow used in research? There's hardly any ingame which is why people complain about there not being a use for crossbows.

People need to grind those out before you can complain or want to add in more.

There are decent crossbows in the game:
Mutated Blowpipe is +90 Range Att and +80 Range Strength
Chaotic Crossbow is +120 Range Att and Range Strength is based on your ammo type
Royal Crossbow is +130 Range Att and Range Strength is based on ammo type but (Limited to Diamond Bolts (e), ruby bolts cannot be used, not sure if its normally like that)
Chaotic Crossbow (i) is +150 Range Att and Range Strength is based on ammo

At the moment, the only reason crossbows feel inferior to the Blowpipe / Seren Godbow / Twisted Bow is because Blowpipe outspeeds any crossbow, so it outdamages with smaller, faster hits, and Seren Godbow / Twisted Bow of course, just solely outdamage all range weapons, so i feel like even if another crossbow were to be added, no-one would use it, unless it had an increase chance at bolt spec chance. There is a big range difference missing from Mutated Blowpipe to Seren Godbow though, I wouldn't consider a crossbow to be added, but maybe another weapon? (Plz no Ak-47, glock, or minigun comments 😄 ) Sorry for the long post! :D

6 hours ago, Happy Slaps said:

There are decent crossbows in the game:
Mutated Blowpipe is +90 Range Att and +80 Range Strength
Chaotic Crossbow is +120 Range Att and Range Strength is based on your ammo type
Royal Crossbow is +130 Range Att and Range Strength is based on ammo type but (Limited to Diamond Bolts (e), ruby bolts cannot be used, not sure if its normally like that)
Chaotic Crossbow (i) is +150 Range Att and Range Strength is based on ammo

At the moment, the only reason crossbows feel inferior to the Blowpipe / Seren Godbow / Twisted Bow is because Blowpipe outspeeds any crossbow, so it outdamages with smaller, faster hits, and Seren Godbow / Twisted Bow of course, just solely outdamage all range weapons, so i feel like even if another crossbow were to be added, no-one would use it, unless it had an increase chance at bolt spec chance. There is a big range difference missing from Mutated Blowpipe to Seren Godbow though, I wouldn't consider a crossbow to be added, but maybe another weapon? (Plz no Ak-47, glock, or minigun comments 😄 ) Sorry for the long post! 😄

You saying if a new crossbow wouldnt be added becuase the other weapons are too op just means that noone should ever use crossbows, a new style of crossbows should be added to the game OR the ascensions (when people get them) if they dont keep up with even the blowpipe should not got a buff to their stats but maybe their attack speed, make it a 2 tick crossbow attack, I personally think it then may have a chance with keeping up with some high tier items, granted it hits high in the first place.

Not many people have ascension cbows so until they start coming into the game this would be pointless

On 4/15/2019 at 10:56 AM, Scouse said:

You saying if a new crossbow wouldnt be added becuase the other weapons are too op just means that noone should ever use crossbows, a new style of crossbows should be added to the game OR the ascensions (when people get them) if they dont keep up with even the blowpipe should not got a buff to their stats but maybe their attack speed, make it a 2 tick crossbow attack, I personally think it then may have a chance with keeping up with some high tier items, granted it hits high in the first place.

If you make a 2 tick crossbow, wouldn't ruby bolts become OP? Also on the first part of your post " if a new crossbow wouldnt be added becuase the other weapons are too op just means that noone should ever use crossbows" Thats like saying just because Scythe has better stats i should use it at every boss right? Scythe has a niche use, I feel like crossbows do too, they have their uses vs other weapons, first off being 1 handed vs 2, using an antifire shield (if you dont have the perk) for dragons, or using a ely + crossbow is pretty nice too 😛 or you could even argue using offhand ccb, but they have their uses, just not as many as blowpipe / twisted bow / Seren godbow.