playnow
Sign in to follow this  
Happy Slaps

Dragonfire Shield Suggestion

Hey everyone 🙂 just had a thought on a suggestion to improve a couple of qualities overall. With the Dragonfire shield, being useless for some due to anti-fire donor perk and anti-fire pet perk, there needs to be a slight change to this shield to give it more use. In Rs3, there are 3 Dragonfire shields, Normal (Melee), the Green Dragonfire shield (Range), and Blue Dragonfire shield (Mage). Can we make it possible to combine a Odium ward with a Dragonfire shield to create the Range variant, and a Malediction ward with a Dragonfire shield to create the Mage variant? Some good examples this could be used for is using the Range variant with a Dragon hunter crossbow for Queen Black Dragon, and King Black Dragon, Vorkath (etc.), and the Mage variant on Metal dragons (having a natural weakness to magic of course 🙂 ) this brings life to an item that is deemed almost useless, which will also promote Wilderness bossing in order to obtain the Odium and Malediction Ward respectively 🙂. Thanks for taking the time to read this 🙂 Please feel free to leave any feedback, I have a couple of ideas that I'll be suggesting, so any feedback helps! 😄

~Happy Slaps

id enjoy seeing this. we did have it on the old server so why not here too! 

+1

• Thanks 1

Going to have to say this is a pointless addition since we already have the range and magic dragonfire shields from osrs

50 minutes ago, Mayumiki said:

Going to have to say this is a pointless addition since we already have the range and magic dragonfire shields from osrs

Are you talking about Dragonfire Ward and Ancient Wyvern Shield? If so, ancient wyvern shield doesn't absorb / protect dragonfire, only wyvern fire. I believe Dragonfire Ward does absorb / protect dragonfire, but you're limited to range. The Magic shield is a great option vs metal dragons.

Yes those are the 2 shields I am talking about and they are both supposed to protect from normal dragonfire as they do so on osrs, if they don't do that then they need to be fixed

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Mayumiki said:

Yes those are the 2 shields I am talking about and they are both supposed to protect from normal dragonfire as they do so on osrs, if they don't do that then they need to be fixed

Ran a couple of tests, and the Ancient Wyvern does absorb dragon-fire, seems buggy with wyverns though, as you still get the "Damaged by an icy attack" message and like a 200 damage splat, I still feel that the Variant Dragonfire shields would be nice as newer players can fight dragons / King Black Dragon to get a visage, Dragonfire shields are semi easier to obtain, the Dragon-fire Ward, you have to kill Vorkath, and Wyverns for new players are tough, they smack pretty hard and have decent defenses.

Sign in to follow this